audio problem

John Smith johnsmith7219 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 20:29:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm having problems playing WAV files. Here is my configuration: Fedora Core
3 with kernel 2.6.10-1.737_FC3smp, an Intel 865G board, with
an ICH5 controller, and the audio chip is a Realtek ALC655 rev 0.

ogg123 plays ogg files just perfectly. But when I try to play a WAV file
with aplay, I get "underrun!!" messages from time to time, and the sound
gets shortly interrupted when these messages are displayed. If I use play
instead of aplay, the result is not better.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me emphasize that there is
absolutely no problem with ogg123.

NB: ogg123 says it uses ALSA output.

--js