FC3 - i'm disapointed

Tony Dietrich td at transoft.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 22:24:24 UTC 2005

On Thursday 13 Jan 2005 22:12, Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 14:59 -0700, Guy Fraser wrote:

> > > Also, try to bottom post.  Top posting is truly annoyning, this is not
> > > Jepardy where you get the answer first then assertain the question.
> >
> > Bull.
> > Only Type A whackos care.
> > Take some valium.
>
> Guy,
> Take some valium yourself.
>
> No need to restart the flame war about top/bottom posting.
>
> IMHO, Kevin's suggestion mirrors the desires of the majority on this
> list.
>
> Jeff

It may mirror the desires of the majority.

My **only** thought on this is that *repeated* top-posters deserve Kevin's
admonition.  If Kevin has seen this poster top-posting, regularly (I haven't
looked), then great.

If not .. give the poster a chance.  I'm guilty of not thinking sometimes, and
top-posting, especially if I've come from a list where the norm IS
top-posting.  I think I've even sent one tonight to this list top-posted by
mistake.  Repeated top-posting .. ask or flame.  But mistakes happen.

If this starts another discussion, then fine.  Nothing should *ever* be
written in stone, and the population of this list is volatile enough that
anything that raised the blood pressure of one generation of subscribers
should be raised again and again to allow the majority to air their view ...
and make sure that the majority view hasn't changed.  Otherwise we get a
situation where the one that shouts loudest (or even the only one that
bothers shouting!) wins , rather than a true majority.

--
Tony Dietrich

 [I thought it was when your kids learned to drive.  Ed.]