FC3 - i'm disapointed

Tony Dietrich td at transoft.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 23:54:03 UTC 2005

On Thursday 13 Jan 2005 23:27, Kevin Fries wrote:
> Tony Dietrich wrote:

> |> Guy, Take some valium yourself.
> |>
> |> No need to restart the flame war about top/bottom posting.
> |>
> |> IMHO, Kevin's suggestion mirrors the desires of the majority on
> |> this list.
> |>
> |> Jeff
> |
> | It may mirror the desires of the majority.
> |
> | My **only** thought on this is that *repeated* top-posters deserve
> | Kevin's admonition.  If Kevin has seen this poster top-posting,
> | regularly (I haven't looked), then great.
>
> <rant>
> Actually, I mentioned it in the context of answering a post.  Unlike
> others, I did not go out of my way to pound this guy.  I mentioned it,
> then went on to answer his question... Some people need more than a
> Valium if they have nothing better to do than reply only to my top
> posting crack.  Thanks for having my back Jeff.  Now, how is this
> helping to get this guy some help?
> </rant>
>
> Now I return you to your regularly scheduled programming.  I will
> speak nothing more of this.
>
> Kevin

Sorry Kevin .. I wasn't having a go at you ....

You reflected the views of the current majority.

I just favour a slightly more relaxed approach, where users are given more
leeway to make mistakes in top-posting (as I do occassionally).
Blame it on an upbringing that was too strict ... I'm rebelling! <g>

That doesn't mean I feel that a community like this doesn't have a right to
set a particular standard, and to ask others to abide by that standard.  I
support that right.  I also support Jeff's right to agree with you and
support you... however, I don't think his post was needed .. the best way to
deal with people that throw insults around is to ignore them.
The beauty of email is that I can ignore someone with a killfile without even
having to see what I'm ignoring!
And I automatically assume I'm in the killfile of people who don't want to
read what I have to say.
--
Tony Dietrich

To prove this to yourself, try opening the refrigerator door before the
light comes on.