FC3 - i'm disapointed [SeLinux]

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Jan 14 00:03:54 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 16:31 -0700, Kevin Fries wrote:

> |You can try disabling selinux to see if it clears things up for you.
> |You can find posts in this group to tell how. I am running with it
> |enabled still and only had some minor issues to work out.
>
> That bitch I will give a "preach to me brother"
>
> I personally have given up on selinux and turned it off on ALL my
> machines.  I will place my trust (maybe stupidly/blindly) in a good
> iptables script, and keeping end users off the servers.  Serve them
> data, but don't log them in.
>
> Probably being simplistic on this, but it stops my services from
> crashing with goofy access errors.

    I'm afraid I'd have to agree.  Since I don't have a compelling need
for it, I'm not inclined to babysit it until it gets completely tested.

    Don't get me wrong- I think this is a right-minded, powerful tool,
but I don't feel like beta-testing it at this point in time.

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller