Network: moving between office (static ip) and home (ADSL)

Shi-Ming Chen shiming.chen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 03:59:44 UTC 2005

I have a notebook and take it with me between office and home.
The network connection is static ip address at office and ADSL with a
dhcp server at home.  I must use system-config-network to change
between static ip address and dhcp, in addition to dns server.

I tried to use profile in system-config-network, but it only worked
with dns server, not ip address.  No matter what profile I used, the
setting of ip address was the same.

I thought NetworkManager can help me before, but it did only with
wireless.  There was only one wired network setting in NetworkManager.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Shi-ming Chen