FC3 - I'm anything but dissapointed

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Jan 14 05:34:35 UTC 2005

On 01/13/2005 08:20:36 PM, Johnathan Bailes wrote:

> There is an issue with the mini I believe that the gtkpod page has a
> bit on that near the bottom.  Sorry to hear that.

The issue you are referring to I believe is with USB (and also with 4G
iPods) - requiring a kernel recompile to work over usb. I'm using
firewire - and it works just fine, except the occasional have to plug
it in twice (hard drive spinup time??) to get it recognized, and the do
not disconnect message once it is connected, mounted or not.

It's not *that* big of an issue, I set things up to mount through
autofs instead of through hal, so it is only mounted when gtkpod is
running and talking to it - and is quickly unmounted when gtkpod no
longer is talking to it. So I just don't unplug it when I'm syncing and
it's fine.