Port forwarding and IPtables commands

Tammar K. Ajam tammarajam at o2.pl
Fri Jan 14 09:36:33 UTC 2005

Hi,
i have two PCs, one with two Ethernet cards, one of them is for an
external connection (ISP connection) and the other is for the internal
client connection.
eth0 (Internal connection - 192.168.0.1/24)
eth1 (External connection , ISP - x.x.x.x/x)

the other PC have FC3 installed with Squid and act as a web cache
server. and it have one Ethernet, eth0. it's connected to the Internal
network.
eth0 (Internal network - IP 192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0)

I'm using coyote Linux firewall on the first PC, because it's easy to
configure for me. I'm using it to filter the access through MAC address
(I know i can do it through any Linux distribution, but coyote is very
easy to use through it's web page interface).

what i need is to configure (on the coyote PC) the IPtable to forward
all request on port 80 (http port) to my FC3 machine on port 3128 the
default port for Squid.

I know, this list is for Fedora release only, but i think the IPtable is
there in all Linux Dis. and i know that i can use FC as a router but,
I'm not very good in Linux shell command.

i try to use this command but i'm not sure if it's working or not or
it's correct or not. (after reading three paper and searching the web).

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 \-j REDIRECT -d
192.168.0.2/24 --to-port 3128

Regards
Tammar