FC3/Gnome CD audio question

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 14 15:23:42 UTC 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:11:40 -0800
Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>    I've found that a udev update through up2date fixed many of the
> problems. Now the CD plays, but still no audio. I've turned up every
> option in alsamixer. I enabled the Gnome sound server on start up and
> I'm getting system sounds, but no audio from the CD.

If this is a new machine (one that you haven't used to play CDs under
Linux before), do you actually have an audio cable going from your CD
drive to your sound card?  I had that trouble with a machine I built from
parts a while back.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!