linux weather ticker?

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Fri Jan 14 16:27:07 UTC 2005

On or about 2005-01-14 08:16, Christopher A. Williams whipped out a
trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

>On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 02:10 -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
>

>>Globe Trotter wrote:
>>

>>>Thanks! I did find that and it works. Though a bit disappointing that it does
>>>not allow me to display windchill (as opposed to the what I consider useless
>>>dewpoint).
>>>

>>If you are using KDE, KWeather applet does display the wind chill. There
>>should also be a way to make LiquidWeather display it, but I don't know how.
>>

>..And if you're using GNOME, there's the Weather Report applet that's
>part of the panel. It uses Weather Channel data based on most (all??) of
>their reporting stations. For temperatures, it includes a "Feels Like"
>measurement, which I think is a combination of wind chill and heat
>index. As a private pilot, this doesn't replace a complete weather
>briefing for me by any stretch, but since the reporting stations include
>most of the airports I routinely fly to and from and it has 2-click
>access to a local radar map, it's a nice "quick look" applet.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Chris

Does anybody know the incantation to get the Gnome Weather Report to run
under KDE?  It seems a lot of the Gnome stuff will run under KDE and
vice versa, if you just know how to get them up.

--
Fritz Whittington
"The Sun shines after every storm; there is a solution for every problem, and the soul's highest duty is to be of good cheer." - Ralph Waldo Emerson