Why do I need mDNSResponder/howl?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri Jan 14 17:27:14 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 11:07 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> I'm working to create a comps.xml file that reflects my package removals
> for a new, much more truly "minimal" install, and I intend to submit
> this comps.xml file as soon as possible for consideration so that we can
> change the minimal install for FC4 before the first test release.
>
> Since you're one of the more experienced users here, would you care to
> help me with this little task? I don't really understand this bloody
> file yet, though I'm trying.

My level of comps.xml comprehension is below yours.

In a perfect world (IMO), the full customization option would be
restored and then reconfigured to show a dependency tree for each
package selected. I lack the expertise to offer the code or I would.

Then, again, I'm prehistoric. I fondly recall tinkering with the Xmodem
assembler code on a cp/m system. I better stop before I begin extolling
the virtues of Fido.