firefox-1.0 vs RealPlayerGOLD

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jan 14 18:00:26 UTC 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 12:51, Michael A. Peters wrote:
>On 01/14/2005 09:38:30 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I've been screwing around, even did an install (by copying) of all
>> of /usr/local/RealPlayer into the /usr/local/firefox/plugins
>> directory, but any site I goto still asks me to download the
>> plugins for realplayer.  I'd love to be able to watch the huygens
>> shows.
>
>I installed RealPlayerGOLD using the rpm at their website and it
> just works.
>
>For reference -
>
>[mpeters at devel ~]$ rpm -q firefox
>firefox-1.0-2.fc3
>[mpeters at devel ~]$ rpm -q RealPlayer
>RealPlayer-10.0.1.436-20040924
>[mpeters at devel ~]$

firefox was installed by their installer, so rpm doesn't know about
it.  RealPlayer is RealPlayer-10.0.2.608-20041214

firefox is installed in /usr/local/firefox, and I believe everything
works but RealPlayer.  Shockwave stuff is in firefox's plugins dir
and works ok.  And I've moved a copy of the plugins dir
from /usr/local/RealPlayer.plugins to /usr/local/firefox/plugins, but
its still ignored.

Do you have anything at all that shows up in the edit->prefs windows
to indicate Real is there?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)