Sound Problem After Upgrade

Norman Nunn npnunn at verizon.net
Fri Jan 14 19:29:48 UTC 2005

I just started alsamixer in a terminal and nothing else (recommended
mutes were already set that way). Immediately after it started I heard a
small speaker crack and without me doing a thing - everything was
working again. It was like it just woke up. I rebooted and the sound was
working just fine. I had tried allot of different settings before and
rebooted a couple of times before without any affect until I launched
alsamixer. Thanks,

Norm