Why do I need isdn4k-utils

Dave fedora-user at nospam.dnsalias.org
Fri Jan 14 15:37:06 UTC 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 10:44 am, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> but again, people do have other ways to get a package. And the
> possibility that some user somewhere will have a previously-installed
> system with no media available and no other means of network
> connectivity *except* their new ISDN line does not justify installing
> isdn4k-utils on every system under the sun "just in case".

 That's the same argument Microsoft used for shipping their product with
everything enabled. No joke--I once argued with a Microsoft engineer about
how stupid they were to have originally had Outlook default to automatically
running attachments. His answer? They had ONE customer, on a non-connected
network, who used that feature to automatically deploy updates, so they just
shipped it that way to EVERYBODY. Think about it: MS took what used to be an
internet hoax (the Goodtimes Virus), and made it reality ... "just in case."