Dovecot 0.99.13-2.FC3 update breaks INBOX

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Sat Jan 15 16:47:21 UTC 2005

I upgraded from FC2 to FC3 with no problems.  I was using Dovecot on FC2 also.
After I did the update last evening to 0.99.13-2.FC3 I noticed I can no longer
access my INBOX.  My inbox is stored on /var/mail/.  I noticed that the
/etc/dovecot.conf now has a date of last night.  There was no reference during
the update of any config file updates which I've noticed in other package
updates (i.e. config now .rpmnew etc).  Checking the log, I am now getting
===>  open(/var/mail/userid.lock) failed:  Permission denied <==== messages.  I
wanted to put this message out to warn others before accepting this update.
Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to fix this?