Firefox "Save As" Dialog ?

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Sat Jan 15 16:50:10 UTC 2005

On Saturday 15 January 2005 02:36, Dave wrote:
> Am I the only one who HATES the Firefox "Save Page As" dialog?
> It's awkward, ugly, and doesn't follow existing 'standards' ...

Ha ha, just last night I went to download a file and for some odd
reason the Firefox download dialog popped up ( I normally use
Mozilla ).  I wouldn't go so far as frothing-in-the-mouth hate, but
it was certainly annoying.  In spite of the text that said it would
be downloaded to the user's desktop, I finally found the file in
the user's home directory.  I need to find out why Firefox was
started and disable it as I would much rather take the time to
start another program manually which will store a file where I want
rather than having to play "Hunt The Wampus".

Regards, Mike Klinke