gimp help

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Sun Jan 16 05:55:51 UTC 2005

Shawn wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've only used gimp a little bit but need to teach an autistic child to
>not run into the street and other things.
>
>To do that, I need to take pictures and then super-impose a basic no
>sign (like you see for no-smoking) over it.
>
>Any suggestions for how to do that.  I am going through the gimp help
>browser now but have basically no idea.  I _really_ appreciate it.

What i suggest is just to create the "no sign" in a new file, with
transparent background. Then copy and paste it in a new layer on top of
the other picture:
1. When viewing the picture, click Layer --> add new layer.
2. Open the "layers" dialog: Dialogs --> Layers
3. Select the new layer.
4. Paste the sign;
5. Resize it to what you need.

That should do it. However, I'm saying it from the top of my head, so
you may have to go trough a couple more (or less) steps than this.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University