networking between fedora and macos

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 14:49:24 UTC 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:34:16 -0400, Trevor Smith <trevor at haligonian.com> wrote:

> I was wondering about "real" networking, not just Internet type file
> transfer. I'd like to be able to drag and drop files between computers
> and, ideally, I'd like programs running on the Mac to be able to see
> directories on the Linux laptop so things like Mac OS's Mail "import"
> tool can simply read the mbox files on my old laptop to import them
> into my new one.
>
> I wonder if it's just possible to mount my Fedora drive under Mac OS...

Ok, if your wanting to do that then samba is probably your best bet.

If that freaks you out then use the gui tools.  The samba-config stuff
now is pretty easy.  Just set the share, hit another tab and add the
samba users and finally fire up the config-services gui tools to start
the service up.

Worked just fine for me.