Saving my panels before upgrade

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Jan 16 15:26:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 20:39 +0700, Philippe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I will upgrade (fresh install) from FC2 to FC3. I know how to backup  my
> datas, but what about my desktop configuration. I mean, I have a top
> panel full of icons and applets , and a bottom panel also.
> Which files I must save and copy back to my gnome desktop on FC3, so I
> will have the same desktop and panels at the end ?
>
> Philippe
> --
> Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand

If you have a /home partition that does not get overwritten the
configuration files for your desktop should not get changed.  I have
done this a couple times.  Twice I did a restore from a tar file of my
home directory, and another time I did a reinstall with /home as a
separate partition.  In all 3 cases the desktop stayed as I had it
customized.