Nervious wannabe new user asks for advice.

thebearwitchproject thebearwitchproject at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 15:26:17 UTC 2005

Hi

Thanks to all those that replied to my post.

Now I know my printer will work that's good, I have
never used the nink monitor anyway.

As to the ADSL modem, the reason I asked if anyone had
experience with it was mainly due to the fact that
along with the drivers there comes the connection
software to enter the neccessary to connect to my ISP.
I wanted to know if that is still in a linux based
driver for it.As one replier pointed out it is a USB
modem. Buying another is not an option as I don't have
the money for that.

Someone asked what I would use linux for. Well
everything I use windows for now: playing music and
video files, burning CDs and DVDs (when I find the
software), DTP, WP etc. The only thing I would keep
windows for is playing games as I don't think most of
my games would work under linux.

Thanks again for the replies.

Jay