FC3: Mixer not saving volume values

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Sun Jan 16 22:28:14 UTC 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:32:19 -0500 (EST)
Samuel Díaz García wrote:

> I have been looking for it with chkconfig and no results about it
> (chkconfig --list | grep alsa).
>
> I have been executed 'alsactl store', restarted and the mixer values are
> "reseted", I needed to run 'alsactl restore' then and the values are
> restored (the save/restore works fine).
>
> This is working, but ... Where I need to add the 'alsactl store' to save
> the status before shutdown automaticaly? and where I need to add the
> 'alsactl restore'?
>
> Thanks
>
>     Samuel Díaz García
>      Director Gerente
> ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.

In order to ensure that your sound volumes are restored you will need to have
a /etc/modprobe.conf file with content similar to this:

alias eth0 8139too
alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1371
install snd-ens1371 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-ens1371 && /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-ens1371 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-ens1371
alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
alias sound_slot_1 off
alias char-major-195* nvidia

Substitute your sound card for my sdn-ens1371 if it's different. Only make
changes in the section containing your sound card. The /etc/modprobe.conf file
for your system will most likely be different than mine.

Hope this helps.
--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA. USA