networking between fedora and macos

Johnathan Bailes johnathan.bailes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 22:41:08 UTC 2005

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 09:53:59 -0800 (PST), Joel Jaeggli
<joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Trevor Smith wrote:
>

> look at nfs or smb, the mac can do either as can your linux box. nfs your
> generally wantto secure in someway when running it in a public environment
> such as tunneling it over ssh.

nfs would be the old-school unix style choice but unless you secure
nfs its not really that safe over wireless.

Heck, its the only reason I suggested samba.

tcp/wrappers.   What is the consensus?  Is that really enough to
"secure" traditional unix services like nfs or (god forbid!) nis?