scanning with my multi-function epson cx3200

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 17 00:03:27 UTC 2005

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> Is it simply impossible to scan with my multi-function scanner/printer
> on a USB plug? From what I've found on the net it seems to be a big
> problem. Any ideas out there?
>
> Cheers, Duncan
> ---
> The rest of my list of problems I'm working through:
>
> * get a printer maintanance utility for printer under cups in fc3
> * get java working in fc3
> * get recognition of danish characters in filenames on fc3.
> * get thunderbird address book working in both os's (fc3 and winxp)
> * share profile in firefox across os's (got bookmarks working - is that
> it?)
> * get explorer running with wine, check for netbanking.

Duncan,
   I use a HP PSC multi-function and I know what your going through,try
these,there the main support in linux for all things print/copy/scan.

http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-EPSON
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_CX5400

The CX5400 is the closest to yours,you can work it out from there.

    regards   david