Can't get Optra S printer recognized or working.

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Mon Jan 17 00:32:46 UTC 2005

I'm trying to connect a Lexmark Optra S printer to a server.  The Optra
S is a parallel port laser printer.  It uses an IEEE1284 cable and is
accessible in nibble/byte/ECP mode.

I've purchased a new IEEE1284 printer cable.  On the server I've set the
port to ECP/EPP.  I can't get kudzu to recognize the printer.  I can't
get printer-gui to find it either.

I've gotten it to work on my laptop, but I think that is because the
printer was configured to work with it a few months back.

Any ideas on how to get the printer recognized by the server ?  Is there
a way to get the parallel port to scan for devices in ECP mode ?

The server is running FC3 with all the updates.

--
Kim Lux,  Diesel Research Inc.