FC3 2.6.10 Install Without Floppy or NIC

Ryan D'Baisse ryan.dbaisse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 01:51:59 UTC 2005

Okay, without going into a ton of detail, here are the facts...

1. I cannot boot the 2.6.9 kernel on my laptop unless I disable ACPI;
2. If I disable ACPI, my NIC stops functioning;
3. I CAN boot the 2.6.10 kernel on my laptop without disabling anything;
4. I want to do a clean install of FC3;
5. I do not have a floppy drive (forgot why I am mentioning that);
6. I have all of the FC3 CDs burned and ready; and,
7. I downloaded the entire "update" directory and have 2.6.10 on that
CD.

Now the question...

What the heck do I do now!?!?!?  =(

If I install FC3, I will have to disable ACPI to get it to complete the
install.  Rumor has it that, if I disable ACPI during the install, that
it will not be available when I install the new kernel.

Please help end the confusion.

Thanx,
Ryan