Smartlink Modems and snd_intel8x0m

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Mon Jan 17 05:21:09 UTC 2005

Hi Guys,

I have a serious problem with the readme that smartlink provides, it
seems just a bit on the vague side of things,

I have checked and the kernel is compiled with alsa support and
snd_intel8x0m, is loaded.

So I have to compile slmodemd with alsa support.
so according to the readme all you do is cd
into /pathtowhere/youextractedtar/modems

here:

3. Build application 'slmodemd' with ALSA support. For this in
   slmodem-2.9.x dir:

      $ cd modem
      $ make SUPPORT_ALSA=1

   This will build 'slmodemd' with ALSA support. If compilation is
failed
   review Makefile (near ALSA_SUPPORT condition) and define right
library
   and/or CFLAGS

It finishes with not errors!

Then step 4:

says run slmodemd with --alsa option so I do. Oops there is not slmodemd
app?

it seems to vague for me. How do I build the app with alsa support?

I tried a few things like running make install from slmodem-2.9.x dir,
after  make SUPPORT_ALSA=1 from the modems dir,

How does every one else get their smartlink modems working?

Cheers
Chad