Need a complete config walkthrough for Samba/Winbind on RH or Fedora - samba 3

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Mon Jan 17 08:40:36 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin F. Berrien" <kblists at comcast.net>
To: "Fedora-list" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2005 7:14 PM
Subject: Re: Need a complete config walkthrough for Samba/Winbind on RH or
Fedora - samba 3

> The box I installed the other day ended up being a Windows box, as I
> didn't have time to
> dig through the samba tech docs, tinker, and then test.  The windows box
> was up in under 2
> hours and running.  Not much in the way of progress in terms of having
> choices.

Just curious - how many Windows servers have you set up?  How many Samba
ones?

Do you remember back to your first Windows installation?  Did you know it
inside and out like you do today?  I suspect not.  I suspect that you needed
help, advice, maybe professional training.  So how is it Fedora's fault that
you need the same in the Linux environment?

Thomas Cameron, RHCE, CNE, MCSE, MCT