How to become a fedora mirror

Andrei Sărăcilă littlealex at net.ase.ro
Mon Jan 17 11:18:33 UTC 2005

Hello

My name is Andrei Saracila and I'm writing on behalf of the Network Department from The Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest. We're using Fedora Core for some our servers and we want to set up a mirror inside our network in order to have the latest distributions and packages available when they are released. We also want to provide the Fedora Core users from Romania with a reliable, high bandwidth mirror. We a have a international guaranteed bandwidth of 40Mbps and a metropolitan bandwidth of 1Gbps which we think is enough to provide a good access speed for Romanian and even international users if they want to download from us. We want to know what steps are needed in order to become a Fedora Core mirror and what technologies are used for mirroring.

Best regards,

Andrei Saracila