FC3 and soundcard

Didier Cassereau didier.cassereau at espci.fr
Mon Jan 17 11:23:37 UTC 2005

Alexander Apprich wrote:
> Didier Cassereau wrote:
> [snip]
>

>>> Hmmm, could you also try booting with
>>>
>>>   acpi=off
>>>
>>> instead of
>>>
>>>   pci=routeirq
>>>

>> acpi=off does not help.
>> The sound card works ok with kernel 724, but no sound with kernel 741.
>>
>>> Did you try reconfiguring your soundcard using system-config-soundcard?
>>

>> Yes ; I do not see any particular error message.
>> The identification of the sound card is correct. The only problem is
>> that ... i just do hear the so beautiful test sound !
>>

> You can hear the test sound? Did you check the Volumelevel? Which
> program do you use to hear music, and what kind of source do you
> have (mp3, ogg, audio-cd)?

Yes, but only when I start 2.6.9-1.724_FC3 !
With kernel 2.6.9-1.741_FC3, I do not have any particular error message
on the console, but do not head anything. And of course I checked the
volume level.

Concerning the source for music, I actually only tested audio-cd with
xmms, but cannot hear anything, even with 2.6.9-1.724_FC3.