Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Jan 17 15:16:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 01:55:17PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Disk Druid is a dreadful program.
> Why has the choice of fdisk disappeared?
> I read that one could bring up bash (and so run fdisk)
> by Alt-F2 when asked to choose
> between automatic partitioning and Disk Druid (what a choice!)
> but that did not work for me.
>
> I wanted to re-organise my partitions
> while keeping hda1 which has Windows-XP on it.
> I couldn't see any way to do this with Disk Druid,
> so I had to start Knoppix, and run fdisk under that.
>
> It seems rather bad to me that one has to run another distribution
> in order to install Fedora.
>
> Maybe I am missing something?
All that is missing is to type <CTL>-<ALT>F2 (it maybe F1, forget) and
you get a terminal which allows you to run fdisk. I do it each time I
install a version. To get back use either F6 or F7 with the CTL-ALT.
Again I keep forgetting which one. I agree Disk Druid is terrible
except to set up the partitions after they are made with fdisk.
I would never use automatic partitioning under any circumstances.

Honesty pays, but it doesn't seem to pay enough to suit some people.
		-- F.M. Hubbard
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University