Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1 - a correction

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Jan 17 15:43:13 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 09:16:12AM -0600, akonstam wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 01:55:17PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > Disk Druid is a dreadful program.
> > Why has the choice of fdisk disappeared?
> > I read that one could bring up bash (and so run fdisk)
> > by Alt-F2 when asked to choose
> > between automatic partitioning and Disk Druid (what a choice!)
> > but that did not work for me.
> >
> > I wanted to re-organise my partitions
> > while keeping hda1 which has Windows-XP on it.
> > I couldn't see any way to do this with Disk Druid,
> > so I had to start Knoppix, and run fdisk under that.
> >
> > It seems rather bad to me that one has to run another distribution
> > in order to install Fedora.
> >
> > Maybe I am missing something?
A correction of my last  post.
 All that is missing is to type <CTL>-<ALT>F2  and
 you get a terminal which allows you to run fdisk. I do it each time I
 install a version. To get back use either F1 (if you are using linux
text installation) or F6 or F7 (if you are using gui installation)
with the CTL-ALT.
I agree Disk Druid is terrible
 except to set up the partitions after they are made with fdisk.
 I would never use automatic partitioning under any circumstances.

An honest tale speeds best being plainly told.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University