Which 'bind' does Network Manager want?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Mon Jan 17 16:51:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 10:35 -0600, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> I don't see why NetworkManager would require you to install or run DNS
> server (other than to bloat your machine further).  Oh well.

I agree yet, for some reason, it does AND it's entirely UNDOCUMENTED. NM
overwrites resolv.conf to localhost. NM is a great idea that I wish I
could get to work. Apparently, it is now possible to use NM with static
IPs. This REALLY needs some decent documentation. I read somewhere that
there is a problem with orinoco but I am unable to find out if that's
hardware or driver. MadWiFi?

I certainly don't want Bind running on my laptop given that I have
multiple zones already defined on a machine on the network.