Linksys WMP11 with Fedora Core 2

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Mon Jan 17 17:39:58 UTC 2005

ingramipaq at cox.net wrote:
> If your WPC11 is v4, then you're not going to find a driver anywhere...  I've been looking for one to work with my WPC11 v4, and there is none to be had.  There are drivers for v2.7, 3.0 and back, but I was told and researched to find the v4 card has a different chipset/firmware that what these earlier drivers support.
>
> I'm changing to a newer linksys card - WPC54G PCMCIA NIC - as another person said worked using Linuxant's DriverLoader.

I'm thinking about bying new Cardbus wireless card these days too.
Apperently cards with Prism GT chipset should work just fine with Linux
out-of-the-box.  Linksys card doesn't use that chipset,  but there are
several other cards that do (but again, one needs to be carefull, some
of the cards I was thinking about have Prism chipset in one revision,
but differetn (not supported by Linux) in another revision).

Anyhow, buying a Linksys card would just show Linksys that I'm
indiferent if they support or not Linux.  Buying somewhere else because
they don't have Linux drivers is something different.