KDE

jim lawrence fedorajim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:19:10 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:13:23 +0000, pchoppin at comcast.net
<pchoppin at comcast.net> wrote:

> > On Monday 17 Jan 2005 17:46, pchoppin at comcast.net wrote:
> > > Distro - Fedora C2
> > >
> > > Well, I thought I did this right, but...
> > >
> > > I selected KDE during the installation, but the system starts in Gnome.
> > > Where do I go to change to KDE?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Pete
> > > http://www.websolutionpro.com
> >
> > Preferences >> Desktop Switching Tool.
> > Select KDE, OK out of the dialog, then log out and back in again.
> > --
> > Tony Dietrich
> > -------------
> > The more things change, the more they stay insane.
> >

> Thank you for your prompt reply.
> I looked and did not see the Desktop Switching Tool under Preferences.
>
> Is there a command line method?
>
> Pete

to always have kde

open a terminal , do su - enter root password
then type this

gedit /etc/sysconfig/desktop
you'll see DESKTOP="GNOME"
Change to this

DESKTOP ="KDE"
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle.
It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.