fedora core 3 2.6.10 kernel update issues

Xavier Gonzalez xavier.gonzalez at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 18:54:01 UTC 2005

I recently upgraded from kernel 2.6.9 to kernel 2.6.10, with a lot of
messy outcomes:
-sound card couldn't be detected
-usb could not be detected
-wireless card would have problems with Wins wrapper (which it had not
done since I upgraded from FC2 to FC3)

I decided to remove 2.6.10 and go back to 2.6.9. However, lately I
have noticed a couple of ohter problems. Mainly, even thou my sound
card is detected and works OK, it seems that now and then (specially
when getting my screensaver on) when I am playing an audio file it
sounds like a 'scratched record'. By that I mean that the audio file
kind of gets stuck and repeats a part of the file over for a few
seconds.

Any thoughts on that matter?

-X