kernel module problems.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Mon Jan 17 20:39:57 UTC 2005

The recent kernel updates caused all sorts of disasters.
I think I've narrowed this down to a single change in the module
loader that meant if you had a deprecated module option
in your config, the module would fail to load.

I've built some kernels with that change backed out,
they're currently at http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC3/
(FC2 ones to follow if this all works out)

If you've had any of the recent strange things like
various devices disappearing/not working, please give
these a try, and let me know if they fix your problems.

If they do, I'll get them out as proper updates soon.

thanks,
		Dave