Add/Remove Applications & krb5-libs

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Mon Jan 17 21:21:46 UTC 2005

Thomas Cameron wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Duncan Lithgow"
> <duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk>

I can use yum to install packages, but that's only online right? I can't
see how to get them off my disk and then upgrade (if there's any real
advantage in that). I've just put smart on my system to see what that's
like.

I don't understand why something so central to a machines smooth running
as keeping up-to-date is plastered by so many different programmes - and
different approaches by different linux distros. What's up with that? Is
there a history of linux lesson out there that I've missed?

Duncan