Add/Remove Applications & krb5-libs

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 17 22:37:39 UTC 2005

Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> *when i try and use Add/Remove Applications it keeps reporting that
> it can't do anything until **krb5-libs is installed. That's part of
> **krb5-devel right? Well, I tried to install **krb5-devel but that
> gives the same response... can't install because **krb5-libs is missing.
>
> This is stopping me managing my system. Any suggestions?

Looks like you're still having troubles. As noted, krd5-libs is a
separate package. Put CD 1 (or the DVD) in the drive, and run
rpm -Uvh /media/$CD_DRIVE/Fedora/RPMS/krb5-libs-1.3.4-7.i386.rpm

This assumes:

 * that $CD_DRIVE is the mountpoint where your disc is mounted.

 * that something has mounted the disc (either you or Fedora).

 * that you're running FC3.

You shouldn't need krb5-devel unless you're compiling programs (you'd
know if you were).

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Which do you consider was the stronger swimmer,
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | (a) The Spanish Armadillo,