FC3 Still Hates Me: No Sound

willis sarka willis.sarka at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 22:40:50 UTC 2005

I think the VIA sound driver on certain revisions gets confused,
and/or thinks it has the right attributes of the chipset, but it
really doesn't.  I've seen enough people with problems with onboard
VIA sound (for instance I have a Asus A7V8X-X) that it's something
that should be looked into....  I ended up not wanting to waste my
time on it and bought a card to toss into my desktop.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:27:08 -0800, dave
<fedora-user at nospam.dnsalias.org> wrote:
> On Monday 17 January 2005 02:20 pm, willis sarka wrote:
> > I feel your pain.  I ended up just buying a Sound Blaster Live card
> > and said fsck it.  No one had a good answer for me, and despite the
> > modules loading just fine, and checking to make sure all possible
> > settings were unmuted, it still didn't work.
>
>  That's a very sad comment--I thought "it's your hardware's fault, you'll have
> to upgrade it" was (c) Microsoft ...
>
> --

Well done is better than well said.
-- Benjamin Franklin