fstab-sync, was:fedora-list Digest, Vol 11, Issue 226

Colleen Beamer colleen.beamer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 22:50:03 UTC 2005

It was pointed out to me that I had neglected to edit my subject line,
so perhaps people were not reading my post.  I have rectified that
here and extend my apologies.

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:30:32 -0500, Colleen Beamer
<colleen.beamer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 12:00:11 -0500 (EST),
> fedora-list-request at redhat.com <fedora-list-request at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >Rahul Sundaram <rahulsundaram at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> >  The only fstab-sync file that I could find on my
> > > system was:
> > >
> > > /etc/hal/device.d/50-fstab-sync.hal, which is a symlink to
> > > /usr/sbin/fstab-sync
> > >
> > > So what fstab-sync file am I supposed to be editing or am I supposed
> > > to create one.
> >
> > search the list archives and xdg-list in freedesktop.org. this has
> > been discussed extensively

Well, I did as suggested - on the list archives, I AGAIN searched for
fstab-sync and found nothing.  On the xdg-list, I spent hours wading
through e-mail for the past few months and couldn't find anything and
on this site, there doesn't appear to be a search mechanism, which is
totally useless.

I would still like some direction on this, if it's not to much
trouble, or if you know a link where I can get this information,
please point me to it.

Regards,

Colleen