Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 17 23:40:21 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:45:56AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Except for DD's insistance on re-arranging partitions.  I've had
> enough headaches and screwed up installs that DD will never touch
> another disk of mine, ever.

I have no idea which Disk Druid you're using but it obviously isn't
the one shipped with Fedora's installation program.

I've installed (from scratch) all the Fedoras one after the other
on the same computer. In all cases, DD only formated the partitions
I told it to partition ( the / and swap partitions) and left the
others (a partition I mount on /media/data and /home) intact.

> To the redhat/fedora packagers: Please, please, please give us back
> fdisk, its not broken like DD, and it doesn't decide to format
> your /home or /root partitions and use them for / in the next
> incarnation.

If you prefer fdisk, then just use that instead of DD.

Emmanuel