Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 18 01:01:28 UTC 2005

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 17 January 2005 12:59, Matthew Miller wrote:

> And I have yet to use it, and have it work just fine. For an example,
> the last time I tried it, it made a 500MB /usr dir on an 80GB disk,
> and moved the 100 MB /dev/hda1 "/boot" partition to hda5, and gave it
> 10GB.

Interesting as I used DD in manual mode and it did exactly what I told
it to.  I wanted a 1.5 GB partition and it created it where I wanted it too.

> With help like that, I don't need any more enemies, thats more than
> sufficient.  Gimme fdisk any old day by default.  It may be hard for
> a gnubee to understand, but it does exactly what you tell it to
> instead of silently 're-adjusting' things to suit its own warped,
> broken, positively phsycopathic view of the world.

If you want FDISK, boot using linux text from the installation line.

> No thanks to DD.  I have enough insanity in my life, I'm married.

So am I.  What's the point?  I also am a System Admin by day and live
with Linux at night.  BTW, FC3 is a BETA.  You are testing software for
Red Hat, and that is a fact.  I would NEVER run a production system on
FC.  That is why I state that I "play" with Linux.  If I wanted a
"solid" release, I would be looking at RHEL, not Fedora.

--
James McKenzie