Flash plugin: stupid question

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 02:21:30 UTC 2005

--- Mariano Lopez Reta <mlreta at datafull.com> wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> Following the instructions on Yolinux, I uninstalled
> from my x86-64 (rpm
> -e) both firefox and mozplugger, and then I
> installed both 32 bit
> counterparts. Problem is, Firefox's "about" keeps
> saying x86-64, thus
> Flash player installer refuses to install. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mariano
> Tortuguitas, Argentina
>
> --

Mariano,
   Download it from
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

# tar -zxvf install_flash_player
# cd install_flash_player_7_linux
[olivares at localhost install_flash_player_7_linux]$ ls
flashplayer-installer  libflashplayer.so  Readme.txt
flashplayer.xpt        Readme.htm
[olivares at localhost
install_flash_player_7_linux]$./flashplayer-installer

Should install it for you.  If it doesn't then
hopefully someone else can help you.

Hope it helps,

Antonio