Firefox "Save As" Dialog ?

Jim Higson jh at 333.org
Tue Jan 18 13:00:10 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 18 Jan 2005 00:38, Brian Mury wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-17-01 at 16:30 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > I think the point was that nobody had actually said what they didn't
> > like about the current UI and what they'd prefer it to be like.
>
> What I don't like about it is that I get a drop-down menu where I can
> choose to save the file to Home, Desktop, Filesystem, Floppy, or CD/DVD.

I believe the list of places to save to can be customised somehow(?)

I'm on a FC2 box so I can't really test this at the moment.

If this is the case, most people probably save to the same few folders most
the time, so the dialog would be much more useful. I  quite like being given
a shortlist of probable places avaliable with a single click.

--
Jim