hooking to isp problem

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Tue Jan 18 16:18:27 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 10:51 am, Langer, Christian wrote:
> when I try to connect to internet in Fedora 3, this is the output I get:

[snip]

> Is it that Netzero (my isp) requires an encrypted password?  I have
> carefully checked password and username. Have even used somebody else's
> username and password, no luck. How would I know if this is problem on
> my end or isp's end? Any thoughts?

Chris:
Have you tried (just for giggles and to verify that Netzero will work without
their special software) setting up an MSDUN connection from a Windows box?
That way, you could rule out NetZero, but I'm going to go out on a limb here
and say that you HAVE to use their proprietary software to connect.
 John