Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Jan 18 16:28:32 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 07:03:57PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 17 January 2005 18:40, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> >On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 10:45:56AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Except for DD's insistance on re-arranging partitions.  I've had
> >> enough headaches and screwed up installs that DD will never touch
> >> another disk of mine, ever.
> >
> >I have no idea which Disk Druid you're using but it obviously isn't
> >the one shipped with Fedora's installation program.
> >
> Precisely the one thats on the bootable install cd #1 of FC3RC3.
>
> I even came up here to this machine and looked up the keyboard
> sequence that is *supposed* to get me another shell, ctl+alt+F2 I
> think it was, but didn't work.  The SOB was gonna do it its way or
> else.  Yes, I now have the full FC3 disk set, but thats exactly why
> its not installed on any machine here.  I've got way too much history
> here on this machine that doesn't need formatted away.  And if you
> don't click on anything but the proceed/next button, it won't let you
> pass without setting something up, at which point I setup the swap
> on /dev/hdb.  Then it would proceed, and it proceeded to format
> everything in sight and move the partitions around at random.
I don't understand. When it is asking you to choose Autopartition ,
Disk Druid, etc. you are saying the hitting <CTL>-<ALT>- F2 does not
get you to anothr terminal. I did it as recently as yesterday and that
worked. Something is really wrong if a terminal does not show uo on
the screen. That is just a blank  screen with prompt at which you can
type: fdisk /dev/hdax

A likely impossibility is always preferable to an unconvincing possibility.
		-- Aristotle
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University