Why does dovecot require mysql?

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Tue Jan 18 19:36:35 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> what is bloat for you is a must have feature for many others. this is
> progress. many people consider anything more featureful than fluxbox
> as bloat. doesnt mean gnome can afford NOT to add features to stay
> competitive.

The only problem I have with this, is that Windows XP is running about
four to five times *faster* on my old laptop, than FC3 with GNOME.

 From the moment I power up my laptop, it takes about two minutes to get
to Windows login prompt.  It takes almost 10 to get to GNOME login
prompt.  I usually go make myself cup of coffe when I plan to boot FC3
on it.  When I login, Windows is about two times faster to get me to the
desktop than GNOME.  Running thunderbird and firefox under Windows is
usable.  Running them under FC3/GNOME, well let call it usable, but so
much slower (good thing I made myself that cup of coffe).

I wouldn't call this a progress.  Something to think about next time
more bloat is added.