USB storage device locks up FC3 [RESOLVED]

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 00:44:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:06:47 -0500, B Wooster <bwooster47 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Problem fixed - I upgraded the BIOS, and now the 2.6.10 kernel works!

Great news.  I'm not sure why the new kernels are so sensitive to
BIOS issues when the old kernels seemingly worked--I can see USB
not working with busted BIOS versions, but the hard lockup is a little
unsettling.  Of course the new kernel USB drivers are way better otherwise,
especially with hotplug and udev.

And for the record too, my motherboard that had the problem was
an ASUS K7V; now successfully running with ACPI BIOS Revision 1007

(You can usually run "dmidecode" to see the BIOS version info)
--
Deron Meranda