Booting

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Jan 19 03:26:33 UTC 2005

fly over wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm facing prob after FC 3 installation. the prob is when i boots the system it directly boot the FC 3 and doesn't display the options of Linux  and Windows. Please tell me how to fix this prob.
>
> Thankx in advance.

There is an option that was added to the grub boot loader that hides the
menu, unless you press any key while the boot screen is displayed. The
timeout is usually pretty short, 3 I believe.
Anyway, you might want to comment out the below line or get used to
pressing a key in order to show your other OS or kernel options during
the grub loading. The hiddenmenu option is what cases the menu not to
display.

default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
# hiddenmenu

Jim

--
"THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can we
  get it wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of really

	- Linus Torvalds"