Used swap 0MB of 0MB - why?

Steven Tully steven.tully at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 13:34:29 UTC 2005

When you use "su -" instead of "su" it sets the paths for the shell
with respect to the new user.

it isnt a problem with mkswap since you are getting the response
"/dev/hda6: No such file or directory"

it sounds to me like your partitioning scheme isn't right.

Be VERY careful with this as you can cause yourself more headache than
help, but try to use "fdisk /dev/hda"
Then "p" to print partition data
Then "q" to quit without writing changes

Post the output of the "p" command here.

Steven