Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 20 00:14:23 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 14:49, William Hooper wrote:
>Les Mikesell said:
>> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 11:19, Craig White wrote:
>>> ---

>>> ---
>>> it doesn't ---
>>
>> No, he's right on this one.  Try creating a layout with /boot
>> first, then /, then swap, then /home where DD creates all the
>> partitions. Every time I've tried without fdisk'ing the partitions
>> first, DD re-arranges the layout into some other order.
>
>I would need a repeatable test case (and will be checking your
> example out later) that the rearranging happens _after_ you hit the
> next button.  I believe your example is DD rearranging the
> partitions on the setup screen, before you write anything to the
> disk.  If indeed DD is displaying one thing then writing something
> else when you hit next that is a bug that needs to be reported.

Well, in the instant install I'm doing, I did set /boot up
as /dev/hdb1, and as far as the install got, it actually did put the
bootfiles in it.  So in this case it did not move anything.  But, its
also ignoreing the 4GB /root partition, putting the /root dir on /.

Thats a genuine bug as far as I'm concerned.  Its also bailed out on
the first file from disk 2, claiming there is no disk space left, but
the maximum useage of the partitions I've checked since rebooting on
the rescue disk is 10%, with most being only 2% used so far.

The only thing I can see is that /tmp/loop0, which looks like it
should be a directory, is a file, and its 100% full.  At a hair over
170MB.

>--
>William Hooper

Waiting on instructions...